The Ecclesiastical Law Society exists to promote the study of ecclesiastical and canon law particularly in the Church of England and those churches in communion with it. Amongst its activities the Society:
- puts on an exciting programme of conferences and lectures bringing together lawyers, clergy and others who are interested in the area;
- produces the Ecclesiastical Law Journal, an increasingly well regarded periodical disseminating news of legislation, court judgments and relevant publications as well as authoritative articles of historical, legal and contemporary interest;
- convenes working parties to consider specific areas of law which concern today's Church;
- has direct input into the training of clergy and laity in legal matters;
- responds to enquiries from the General Synod and other church bodies on matters involving ecclesiastical law.
- awards academic prizes
Contact Us for further information about the Society.
The Most Revd and Rt Hon the Lord Archbishop of Canterbury
The Most Revd and Rt Hon the Lord Archbishop of York
Details of the Society's vice-patrons, president and officers.